Sunday, August 22, 2004

Introduction - Saturday 21st August 2004

I originally intended to create a BLOG so that I could keep a casual diary. After speaking with friends with more computer know-how than myself, I have decided to also use it for publishing the occasional article, short story or other work that I pen.

For those of you who take a look, I hope you enjoy some of the items that I post.

On the diary side of things, tonight Sean and I are going to the Twin Towns Resort at Tweed Heads to watch the Peter Byrne/ Neil Diamond tribute show. My friend Jill, told me yesterday that I was a "sad, pathetic Retro dag". I have promised her some photos of this hot August night Neil extravaganza. She may end up becoming that bewitched that she rushes to her stereo to listen to Neil's husky rendition of Cracklin' Rosie. Then again maybe not.

For those of you who used to accompany me (back in the '90's) to that seedy Irish pub Kitty O'Sheas on Oxford Street, Paddington (Sydney) every Wednesday and Sunday nights to watch Peter Byrne strut his stuff, you will probably have happy memories of Forever in Blue Jeans and Sweet Caroline. Crammed as we were into the lower half of the pub, underneath the balcony and waving our arms in time with countless back-packers and Irish locals, the atmosphere aways seemed charged and alive. Courtesy of cheap drinks or happy hour, it was probably not the atmosphere that was charged. Whatever the case, I remember those nights with much fondness. I hope that tonight Mr Byrne is able to recreate some of that for me.


1 Comments:

At 4:38 pm, Blogger Fiona McNally said...

I'm so sad to hear that Pat Benetar is not up to standard. I was tempted to buy her CD about two months ago but if you think I might be a bit disappointed I'll give it a miss. I used to love her stuff!! Love is a Battlefield! Remember Gabe the Punk? ha!

I bought Banarama the other day!

I had forgotten you and me singing that stuff. I laughed my head off when I read your entry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home