Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Crunchy Granola Suite

The Neil Diamond show turned out to be quite a blast. Despite being younger than most of the other patrons, I was pleased to see that everybody got right into it and started dancing and waving their arms. I had arm strain the next day.

Good old Peter Byrne, in his sequinned jacket and high boots(!) was in fine form. Sean was surprised at how much like Diamond he sounds.

There were a couple of Jewish boys in front of us at the bar queue who were getting totally carried away with the whole evening. So much so that one of them tripped over on his way back in.

After the show we queued up to buy one of the CD's and I told Peter Byrne that I used to watch him at Kitty O'Shea's on a Sunday night when I was at university. He laughed and gave me the CD for half price. I should have said Wednesday nights as well and I might have got it for free. Just kidding.

I fell asleep on the way home in the car - it was already about midnight by this stage - and I woke up at the service station and panicked because I couldn't understand why Judah wasn't in his car seat. Spot the mother who hardly gets out! Sean had to talk me down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home